Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

3/30/15









Over the past months I've discovered a love for painting on old barn wood. It adds a sort of unique mystery and character to what would otherwise be "just another sign."
However, this sign seems to go strides beyond "unique." Although it does look usual from a distance, take a second glance at the picture above! The blue paint it authentic to whatever building it was intended for. Other than the little chair, I painted nothing on the left end of this wood. The "green" above and around the chair is actually moss! I decided to replicate the color to "frame" the rest of the sign.
I look forward to exploring the areas around my new home this summer! I think I will find more wood like this to paint on! Keep an eye out on my etsy store for this sign and others!


No comments:

Post a Comment