Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Learning To Promote


Lately I have found myself very interested in exploring different avenues of self-promotion. The usual "follow this link" or "my art is unique because..." has proven itself useless and I am truly not surprised! I myself never pay any attention to those.

Thus creativity is called upon (which should be no problem for me, right?)

Ample advise has been given to me from the Etsy community to ensure without a shadow of a doubt that I am doing well. My sales show that I am considered successful for someone in their first years as an Etsy Seller. the feedback left from past customers are nothing but beaming reviews and the comments from potential buyers about my artwork are the same.

I am left with one conclusion to describe the inactivity of myself these past months: I need to build more of a following and create a larger community for myself.

I haven't the slightest idea how I ought to go about that. Seeing as my methods are often untraditional, I am afraid it shall be that way in this case as well. I have heard quite often about branding and marketing. I am bent towards thinking I need to dedicate more time to those approaches. Additionally, I believe my best chances at building an audience hinges greatly on my ability to be diligent with the audience I already have. Continue to keep them informed and interact, build friendships and hopefully some partnerships (find Empire June on Etsy to see some of our collaborations.)

Christmas will be here sooner than I think- it always jumps on me out of no where! Keeping this in mind, I am determined to spend the next few weeks working on holiday themed paintings and greeting cards in hopes that they will catch a holiday shopper's eyes! Wish me luck :)


No comments:

Post a Comment