Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

1/13/15

        Up until about a week before Christmas, my sales had consisted of prints of my artwork. I had yet to sell an original. I had been bustling about with Christmas orders (mainly my latest hit and newest shop addition, Greeting Cards.) I actually didn't expect to see this one go.
        However, that all changed when I was sitting down watching some Hallmark Christmas love story. I was notified that this beauty (painted on an old piece of wood that was originally one of my Husband's building projects) had sold!

       As odd as it sounds, it was really bittersweet to send off an original! Never having done that, I found myself so proud and yet, at the same time very sad to say goodbye!
I later heard that this arrived safe and sound and was well loved by it's new owner!
Now, I find myself rather excited to sell more original pieces!
       Another thing I've been considering is how neat it is to think of all the places my art is now! I broke 16 sales during Christmas! That is 16 different places my art calls home (a few of which have even left the United States!) I can't wait to see where else my paintings end up.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment